Composition and Purpose:
This team is composed of volunteers trained in disaster relief to assist communities, churches and individuals assigned by the Florida Baptist Convention or as requested.
1. Attending a disaster relief training session provided by the Florida Baptist Convention Disaster Relief Ministry.
2. Becoming safety trained by a representative of the Southern Baptist Convention Disaster Relief Ministry.
3. Disaster Relief assignments will be made by the Florida Baptist Convention Disaster Relief director through our local church team leader.
4. Purchasing, maintaining and inventorying all equipment that is the property of First Baptist Church, Disaster Relief Ministry.
5. Insuring that the disaster relief equipment will be used only by the First Baptist Dover Disaster Relief team or one of its team members.
You must be willing and able to commit significant time segments to disaster relief assignments which may include several days up to two weeks, often away from your home area.